Monday, February 29, 2016

No Rest For The Wicked

Tuesday was Picnic strike, during which the cast and crew returned the Stambaugh Studio Theatre to normal. For most of us it meant time for a well-deserved break! Of course, me being crazy me, I auditioned for the student directed one acts Wednesday night, had callbacks Thursday and was cast Friday.

And then I get to go home and take it all off.
Senior Jordan Michael Loyd will be my director for the absurdist one act play Chamber Music by Arthur Kopit. The play is about a group of women who believe they are historical figures living in an insane asylum. We will have a relatively short rehearsal period to prepare to perform in the Mathile Lab Theatre in April. However, I am extremely excited to be able to work on this piece and to learn from my peers.


So far, 2016 is going extremely well for me. The theatre business is incredibly challenging and often disheartening. Even getting into this program has been challenging; I auditioned twice to be a musical theatre major and was denied both times. I have only officially been cast in one show and have never had a callback before this week. However, it has driven me to work harder than anyone else and it seems that it is starting to pay off. I have been involved in two productions already in 2016 and am about to star in my third. Of course, it seems just a tad bit unfair that I have been type cast as a crazy lady. 

Until next time!

Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being cast in the one-act production! I was in the one-act plays my freshman year and it was a great experience. I hope the same for you! The play sounds very interesting and worthwhile for audiences. I'm glad your 2016 is off to a great start so far. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Keep up the great work. It seems that you are having a lot of success in theatre. Not many people can say that they are good at performing on stage let alone giving a presentation. You are showing a lot of bravery by getting up there and performing in character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to watch you grow and develop as an actor. ((: I hope 2016 keeps giving you good vibes and you get as many chances to shine on stage as you deserve. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to watch you grow and develop as an actor. ((: I hope 2016 keeps giving you good vibes and you get as many chances to shine on stage as you deserve. <3

    ReplyDelete